Happy Saint Patty My peeps! As you can tell by the title I am going to search and compile some simple recipes & ideas so you can decide whether you like them or not or if you actually want to make any of em. The choice is all yours! So shall we begin? Let’s get green!
Who doesn’t love pancakes? Especially a green one! Yum yum🤗
Pre-heat a griddle to 300°.
In a small bowl combine milk and vinegar. Set aside and let sit for a few minutes.
In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Whisk butter, egg and vanilla into the milk. Add food coloring, and stir until you reach the desired color.
Combine with flour mixture and stir until smooth.
Use a 1/4 cup to pour batter onto a greased griddle. Let cook on one side until bubbles begin to pop, then flip to the other side. Cook just until golden brown.
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Total Time:20 minutes
Yield:18 medium cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- ½ of one jumbo egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops of green gel food coloring (Increase or decrease according to your preference)
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup green chocolate chips ( substitute with mint chocolate chips if you want)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). I used non-stick cookie sheet , if you are using baking sheet line with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Make sure not to incorporate too air by beating to long. Beat in egg, food coloring and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into balls about one inch in diameter and flatten slightly to create round discs, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden around the edges
You can also scoop some ice cream between two cookies to make a dessert sandwich!
Patty’s devilish eggs.
- 12 Eggs
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Green colouring
- Boil eggs. Cool and remove shells. Cut lengthwise and remove boiled yolk. Add salt,pepper and two to three drops of coloring until desired shade of green.
- Pipe yolk into egg halves. Enjoy!
Garnish with cubed/sliced avocadoes!